First, prepare the necessary documents before proceeding to your RDO.
1) You will need a barangay certificate from your chairman stating your name, home or business address and most importantly, YOUR BARANGAY NUMBER AND ZONE NUMBER. These two numbers are very important because they are used by BIR in determining your RDO number. RDO is the office that you will visit whenever you have transactions with your taxes.
2) Make sure to BRING A VALID GOVERNMENT ID.
3) Know your TIN number, the ZIP CODE of your stated address, etc.
4) Call BIR before visiting them to save you from coming back and forth to their office because of your failure to bring the requirements.
5) And of course, bring your certificate indicating the profession you are registering for. In my case, I brought a certificate of vouchers that prove that I am an online business woman.
5) Know that there are two steps in the registration process. Your first visit is your PRIMARY REGISTRATION and the next visit IS A REQUIRED BRIEFING usually held every Thursday at 10:30 a.m. (I am doing this blog to help fellow Filipinos understand the COR procedure. I incurred penalties because I found it difficult and confusing to follow the instructions) See this link for steps in primary and secondary registration 🙂